5 Ways to Ensure That Clip-in Hair Extensions Look Natural!
Hair extensions are an excellent way to switch up your look! You can cut your hair short but have it long the next day so you never have to commit to one hairstyle! Plus, you don’t have to wait forever for your hair to grow out and grow longer! When buying and applying clip-in hair extensions, you can use these 5 tips to help you ensure that they look as natural as possible.
- Choose Remy hair. While you can find artificial or synthetic clip-in extensions for less money, they are made of materials that will not work or look just like real hair. These synthetic hair extensions look similar to real hair but they cannot by styled with hot tools like curlers or straighteners. Remy hair is real human hair that can be washed, styled and heated like your own real hair. Since you can treat it the same as you do the hair on your head, it will look more natural and authentic instead of awkward and artificial.
- If you dye your hair, dye your extensions the same color. Remy hair extensions can be styled like real hair and can also be colored like your real hair with the same products. While you may find extensions that are close to your hair color, the only way to truly match the color is to dye them your natural shade or dye them the shade that you dye your own hair. You can do this yourself at home, but the best way to do it for optimal results is to have your colorist dye them at the salon!
- Learn how to clip your hair extensions in properly. It first it may take a little while to get it right, but with time and practice you’ll learn the method. It is important that you layer your extensions, starting from the bottom and working your way up to the top. Using this practice will help to ensure that the clips don’t show through your hair or cause bumps and creases. Start about an inch up form the nape of your neck and the clip up to the are of your head in line with the top of your ears. Also, never clip the pieces of hair on top of your head or near your part since this will be obvious. Leave a thick layer of your own hair on top to cover the clips for a smooth, natural finish.
- See your hairstylist at a salon like Hair 4 U and have him or her trim your extensions. While you will not want to cut the extensions much, you will want to make sure they are cleaned up and styled to fit your current hairstyle. This will help ensure that the pieces blend in better with the shape, thickness and style of your hair for the best results.
- Maintain your extensions properly. It is important that you wash them regularly as you would your own hair to keep them clean. You will also want to brush them, but try to reduce tangling. The more you brush, the sooner the extensions will wear and deteriorate. Limit how often you need to brush by taking out extensions while you sleep and shower so they don’t get too tangled!
Purchasing, caring for, applying, and dying your clip in hair extensions as suggested with give you the most natural look possible! Always choose real Remy hair over cheaper, lower quality synthetic products. Also, maintain them regularly, clip them in properly and dye them to match your own hair color as best as you can.